OUR MISSION: is to promote safety, education and awareness in the operation of motor boats and/or personal watercraft to Colorado's youth.
- To make boating and jet skiing safer for Colorado's water sports enthusiasts.
- To assist in educating the public regarding new boating laws in Colorado.
- With the help of Aaron's parents, Rodney and Karen Steely, a new law was passed in Colorado, effective January 1, 1998, regulating the age of young people operating motorboats and/or personal watercraft.
- The Boating safely in Colorado program for 1998 certified 663 students, ages 14 and 15, to operate motorboats and personal watercraft.
- Approximately 2,500 boating safely in Colorado books were distributed to instructors statewide and another 1,000 books mailed to students.